“This 30-day workout plan was specifically designed to take care of you while you’re staying home. Supporting our health through movement is more important than ever before. Stream our daily AM and PM health-focused workouts for a month of wellness and movement on Essentrics TV. Starts Wednesday, April 22nd!“
” This challenge, which is being hosted on our streaming site, will be an AM/PM concept with two 23-minute workouts a day. We have chosen low intensity stretch workouts that focus on your joints, muscles and connective tissue. They also focus on improving posture. Good posture creates more space for our lungs – we need maximum lung capacity to survive the Coronavirus. These exercises will open your chest and strengthen your lungs capacity to expand. Interestingly enough, gentle exercises are known to more effectively support the immune system than strenuous exercise – all topics we will be discussing in blog posts to come during this Wellness Challenge.” – Essentrics Team
Morning Essentrics workouts help set your alignment, energy & focus for the day.
Evening ones to relax & release tension from your muscles for a good night’s sleep.
What You May Need:
- Essentrics Streaming Subscription with 14-day Free Trial.
- Mat or comfortable floor space.
- Resistance band or any strap – even the tie from your bathrobe!
- A chair
- Foam block or large book
- Donut cushion or pillows side-by-side
This challenge resonates with me, because exercising with Classical Stretch videos 1 or 2 times daily is what got me hooked on this program of dynamic stretching and strengthening.
As many people do, I started practicing Essentrics as a way to stretch. I was traveling weekly and sprint triathlon training and needed something to rebalance my body from those activities.
A few “Aging Backwards” benefits from my first summer of Essentrics:
- Ankle strength & stability! Prior to Essentrics, I’d walk down the stairs sideways, one at a time, holding on to the banister because my feet and ankles were so tight first thing in the morning. Now, I walk forwards, often carrying items or my cat.
- Speed. I had my fastest 5K that fall!
- Overall Strength. This aspect surprised me and is part of what sparked my interest in learning more about Essentrics. Workouts felt easy to me and there is no delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). I don’t lift weights, and I was getting noticeably stronger.
- Comfort in my body. Pre-Essentrics, driving was very painful for me. Immediately, this was alleviated.
- Agility. Essentrics restored my trust in my body and my freedom of movement.
- Posture! Every Essentrics workout is a posture workout.
- Pain relief and strength in my hands.
- Balanced Mood and Energy.
I continue to experience improvements to my health and well-being. Sharing these and other benefits with you is why I decided to become an instructor!
I hope you will consider this 30-day challenge. Take note of how you feel before: aches, pains, mood, stiffness, energy, digestion, sleep. Does it improve? Changes you didn’t anticipate? Feel free to let me know!
14-days = 30 workouts = Free!
30 days = 60 workouts = $15!
Classical Stretch on Facebook plans to continue releasing free, 10-minute videos daily. You could do that video once in the morning and once in the evening if you do not wish to sign up for Essentrics streaming.